I spent one of my last days with Brittany and Sam, and we went to subway to visit Sydnee cause she had to work. It was super busy and a lot of kids from school were there so we talked for a bit and left after to go over to Sam's cause it was already kinda late. Brad came over the next morning and since he told us he was adventurous, we went to McPherson to eat at Taco Bell. AFter we ate there we went to a Sports store and Walmart. It literally became an adventure, because the only main highway that leads back to Marion was closed for reparations, so we had to drive around and find side roads to get somehow back on the highway which wasn't easy.. We got back and visited Syd at Subway again to make plans for the next day.
Monday was so much fun, because we went camping out at the lake! Sam and Brad bought a bunch of stuff like Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Sprite, buns and hot dogs, while I still had everything that we needed to make s'mores over at my house. After they picked me up we went back to Brad's house because he had to write than you cards, and we were worried about getting out there in time cause instead of concentrating on writing, he played crossy road on his phone.. On our way out there we had to go by my house to get cards against humanity, and we went by the lake office to get a permit for camping out at the lake. We forgot gas for the bonfire, so Brad and I went back to the house to get it while Sydnee came out and waited with Sam. We told people about us being out there, but after we started the fire we realized that it kinda sucked, so we deleted a tweet and sent a group message that it was cancelled lmao. We still had Bailey, Emily, Neufeld,Braden, Colin,Nathan and Brittany come out, and it was actually a lot of of. Braden, Sydnee and Brad were supposed to stay the night out there with us in the bed of Brad's struck and Syd's tent, but Sydnee's parents wouldn't let her, and Brad had to work in the morning so his parents said no. Unfortunately, Sydnee left without getting the tent out, and we were left with whatever those chairs are called that you tan on. Sam and Colin shared those, and Nathan and I decided to sleep on a stone table. Before Brad left, all five of us went swimming even though it was really cold and we got a lot of mosquito bites, it was awesome! The night was super cold and windy, and Nathan, Sam and I were the only ones left cleaning up because Colin had to leave early in the morning to go to work. We put literally everything in his car, and he couldn't look out of his windows, so he backed off and drove right into a tree. I was sitting on Sam's lab, and she hit her head, it was kinda funny. Later that day Sam, Colin and Brad came over again and we watched an awful horror movie together, while Brad was trying to convince us that it was a good movie. After the movie was over, we went swimming again which probably got me sick, but it was worth it! I wish I could be there for more summer nights like these. Sam stayed the night and we made Pfannkuchen the next morning. Sam went to take a test for her Butler college class, and I started cleaning up my room. Later, Brad,Sam and I went to Panda kitchen and Walmart in Hillsboro. We didn't do much after that, but being at Brad's and I stayed the night at Sam's for the last time. Spencer was there and it was a really sad night.. Logan came by in the morning to say goodbye, and Molly and Emmy went to Sonic with us right after he left. I had my last chocolate oreo shake, which was pretty awesome for shitty american food! I got dropped off right after, and Katelyn and Lindsey came over one last time..Kateyln even made me a present: pictures of us in a cute frame that i hung up in my room. Right after they left my house Nathan came over for an hour. I just started cleaning my room for about 15 minutes, when Sydnee, Brad and Sam showed up. Not much later Colin came over and Krisde said goodbye also. We decided to drive to Newton because Sam really wanted to go eat at Taco Bell, and stopped by walmart before we headed back. Before we got to the road that leads out to the lake, Brad stopped the truck and led me lay in the bed of his truck while we were driving home, it was an awesome feeling! Since Brad wasn't going to be able to say goodbye this morning, he came by my house at 6.30am. It was really sad! I maybe got an hour of sleep because I packed all my stuff, cleaned and wrote a letter to Jess while listening to the country station (who would've ever guessed that). Jess made waffles this morning and we picked up Penny and Sam to go to Wichita. We checked in and it was a little complicated, because they just got a brand new airport. We ate and drank coffee at Dunkin Donuts, and Sam and I invented a new drink that tasted like eggnog! The goodbye was fast and not as bad as expected..We kind of made it that way which is probably better for right now. I was texting Colin the entire morning and he is honestly such a great friend, it doesn't feel like we just became close a few weeks ago. I'm sitting at Denver Airport right now, and my flight from Wichita got delayed, which was no problem because I still had more than 3 hours here to find everything and it's pretty simple with the trams. My last, and this flight are overbook and a girl that I was talking to at wichita wasn't even able to get on the plane. I'm not very excited for a 9 1/2 hour flight..After that I will only have 2 hours of waiting and 1 hour of flying left until I'm back in Germany. This entire year has just felt like a dream and thinking about that I'm about to be back "home" feels so unreal. I honestly don't ever want to go back.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen